Debt Collection and Foreclosure is and has been an integral part of the Law Office of Juda J. Epstein since its inception. Throughout the State of Connecticut, we help our clients recover their receivables/debts in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Over the years, the Law Office of Juda J. Epstein has developed an excellent reputation in handling Debt Collection and Foreclosure matters effectively, efficiently and successfully. Our office has handled tens of thousands of Collection matters, many of which result in Foreclosure actions. In an overwhelming majority of these matters our office has recovered not only the underlying debt, but has also recovered the legal fees and costs associated therewith.
Real Estate law has been a central practice of the Law Office of Juda J. Epstein since its inception. Our office has represented developers of multifamily and single family residential communities, Condominium Boards of Directors, business and property owners, and financial institutions.
We help guide our clients through the full cycle of a real estate transaction from the creation of a legal entity through the acquisition of land, reviewing governmental approvals including land use, planning and zoning, entitlements and variances, environmental matters, loan workouts, title disputes and title insurance matters, financing, permitting, construction and completion issues, leasing, property management and disposition.
We have represented our clients in the successful acquisition, financing, development and sale of all types of unimproved land and improved properties for residential and commercial use, including large land assemblages, office buildings and office parks, shopping centers, condominiums and multifamily housing projects throughout the State of Connecticut. Our attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of sales and acquisition of property, the Law Office of Juda J. Epstein is a registered agent for major state and national title insurance companies. We represent institutional investors, regional and national developers, owners including corporate users in structuring and implementing complex real estate transactions, such as the development of major residential and corporate real estate projects. We serve the needs of lending institutions in regard to all types of real-estate-based financing transactions, as well as protecting the interests of such lending institutions in foreclosures and bankruptcies.
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS - Our Real Estate Practice has decades of experience representing buyers and sellers of property relating to planning, negotiating, documenting, due diligence and ultimately closing.
LAND USE, ENTITLEMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENTS - Our Real Estate Practice has substantial skill and experience in zoning, planning and permitting matters, including commercial, industrial and office uses and residential subdivisions. We procure governmental approvals incident to real estate development from the applicable governmental authorities and agencies and have had great success securing variances and entitlements for our clients to help make their projects successful.
REAL ESTATE FINANCE - Our Real Estate Practice represents financial institutions, including major national, and regional banks, private lenders, and investment firms, and serve investors in connection with the financing and development of real estate. Real Estate based financing can include construction loans, permanent loans, mezzanine financing, etc. Our lender representation includes all aspects of commercial lending, including, but not limited to, drafting loan commitments, term sheets, construction loan agreements, participation agreements, subordination agreements, and such other documents as are utilized in today's sophisticated commercial lending environment. We also represent financial institutions in all aspects of mortgage default negotiation, including pre-negotiation agreements, forbearance agreements, mortgage modification, etc. The Law Office of Juda J. Epstein prides itself on providing comprehensive real estate finance services with an entrepreneurial spirit. Often this means bringing the parties together, negotiating favorable terms, assisting in identifying the proper financial vehicles, drafting the necessary documents, acquiring the necessary governmental approvals and ultimately, closing the deal.
LEASING - Our Real Estate Practice can help negotiate and draft commercial leases for all types of assets and properties ranging from office buildings, shopping centers, restaurants, industrial property, car dealerships and other industries with unique leasing needs.
Accurate property valuation is crucial to many real estate concerns, from property tax appeals and eminent domain lawsuits to the purchase and sale of property, and other administrative appeals.
From the outset of acquisition to the moment of sale, real estate investors, developers and landowners need to know that the property has been correctly appraised and what limitations restrict its use.
The Law Office of Juda J. Epstein has been enormously successful in assisting clients with property valuation issues. Our years of experience focusing on real estate, condemnation and property tax issues have provided us with exceptional skills in this area.
The Law Office of Juda J. Epstein has developed long term relationships with our Common Interest Community clients, including Condominium Associations and Cooperatives, by providing them with guidance on everything from the daily questions of a Community Association Manager to advice on long term strategic plans of the Board of Directors.
We realize that Association Boards are responsible for their owners' property and funds, and we work diligently to ensure that our clients satisfy their responsibilities and are protected from liability. Through our comprehensive representation and counseling, we help Associations direct and manage their Community proficiently, effectively, and legally.
Among the types of services routinely provided by the Law Office of Juda J. Epstein to Common Interest Community clients are the following:
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of Community Associations.
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Fair Housing laws, and the Employment Discrimination Laws, as well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of the governing documents of the Association to wit, Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the By-Laws of the and the Rules and Regulations.
- Answering day-to-day legal questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues.
- Collection of delinquent assessments and common charges.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal and legal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing requests for proposals, contracts for the management, maintenance, repair/replacement, and operation of the community.
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- Counseling owners ad-hoc committees in the pre-transition phase of the Community's evolution.
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled Association on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for the associations' lease/purchases of capital improvement items.
- Litigation with developers.
- Amending as needed the By-Laws and Declaration.
- Keeping the Association up to speed on continuously evolving legislation.
- Individual Unit Owner representation against Condominium Associations that ignore and are in violation of the governing documentation of the Association, local ordinances and State Statutes in what is perceived as a 'David Vs. Goliath' scenario.
We represent substance abuse treatment facilities before the Department of Public Health, the Office of Health Care Access, and other regulatory bodies, and we serve as corporate counsel to clients involved in joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, financings and compliance matters. We provide counsel and have won appeals pertaining to Certificate of Need (“CON”) proceedings.
Our Litigation practice has experience in numerous industries and handles all phases of civil litigation, appearing frequently in State and Federal Courts throughout the State of Connecticut.
The Law Office of Juda J. Epstein is committed to helping our clients find the most successful outcome with cost-effective results, in or out of the Court. We understand that our litigation clients have different legal and business objectives. Therefore, our attorneys guide our clients through plans of action, negotiation, and mediation strategies personalized to each client’s specific needs.
Our office represents complex construction cases in Courts throughout the State of Connecticut. Our significant experience ensures that our clients receive comprehensive representation.
The Law Office of Juda J. Epstein has extensive experience with construction and development projects. We represent, litigate, arbitrate, and mediate a wide range of construction cases, including, but not limited to:
- Matters concerning construction and design defects.
- Claims for delay and acceleration.
- Issues relating to changes in the work and change orders.
- Contract termination matters.
- Changed conditions disputes.
- Disputes regarding: bidding process, bid protest and bid errors.
- Performance and payment bond claims and related matters.
Our office represents both creditors and debtors in out of Court negotiations as well as bankruptcy and other proceedings in Federal and State Courts throughout Connecticut.
We have significant experience representing various creditors, finance companies, commercial landlords, business entities and individuals seeking to protect their investments. We also represent business debtors and creditors alike.
We advise and represent both creditors and debtors regarding the variety of business planning and litigation alternatives available under both State and Federal law. Because we have represented both debtors and creditors in a variety of complex restructuring and sophisticated workouts, we have the knowledge, skill and practical experience to develop a winning strategy that is tailored to meet each client's specific financial objectives.
We have significant experience in a full range of issues relating to bankruptcy, business crisis planning, insolvency and debt resolution strategies. This experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Representation of debtors and creditors both in and out of Court.
- Analysis of the operations of on-going businesses seeking to better protect themselves from financial crises.
- Formulation and implementation of out of Court restructuring plans.
- Formulation and confirmation of plans of reorganization.
- Formulation and implementation of liquidation plans.
- Debtor in possession financing; cash collateral agreements and litigation.
- Valuation proceedings.
- Automatic and other “stay” relief litigation.
- Litigation of contested matters and adversary proceedings.